The Office of International Programs at MSU-Bozeman and MSU-Billings has extensive experience in study-abroad programs development, having established programmes for university students all over the world.
Letra Hispánica is placed in the very center of Salamanca, no longer tan a two-minute walk from the Plaza Mayor, in a modern building with all the commodities and fully accessible to all. Salamanca is a pleasant, safe and vibrant city, situated near Madrid, to which airport is directly linked, and near other significant cities in Spain and Portugal, such as Port or Lisbon. Salamanca was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988 and European Capital of Culture in 2002, and it is famous for its culture and its artistic assets, such as the Cathedrals or the Major Square. Salamanca’s lively ambience, the many cultural opportunities, coffee shops and nightlife provide incoming visitors and foreign students with a unique, unforgettable experience.
«Salamanca puts a spell on the will to come back to those who enjoyed its placid shelter»Miguel de Cervantes
Students taken two semesters on a row will benefit a discount of 10 % on the tuition price of the second semester.
For Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors:
- 4-16 weeks programmes
- Summer term (May-August)
- Fall term (September-December)
- Spring term (January-April)
Schoolar Year programme (September-June)
The Programme is Committed to
Providing excellence in teaching and learning, striving for continual improvement and responding to current changes in the world we live in.
Creating a safe and motivating environment to ensure that students can explore their capabilities and interests, in which they can develop their full intellectual and human potential.
Opening the minds of students to different perspectives and fostering the understanding among cultures through knowledge and cultural immersion.
Integrating the communicative methodology with the most useful features of other approaches.
Encouraging students’ active involvement in their learning process, with special emphasis on the development of communicative skills. Classes are lively and creative, and students get engaged in debates, role-playing, problem-solving and group activities.
Immersing students in a unique cultural experience combined with a well-balanced program of extra-curricular activities, housing in carefully-selected families and volunteering in community projects.
The programme Includes
- Tuition and administrative Fees
- Classroom materials
- Lessons (20 weekly hours)
- Full board accommodation in single room with a local host family or in a shared flat
- Extra-curricular activities
- Three excursions per term
- From 4 to 18 college credits
- Linguistic exchanges with Spanish students
- Support and advice with the visa and getting to Salamanca
Important: Guidelines and requirements for Credits.
- Students should take all courses (20 hours a week) in Letra´s scheduled program. Only Volunteerism, Spanish Cinema and Business Spanish are optional courses.
- Students should consult with Letra´s Academic Director to set up their plan of studies and number of credits. The plan will follow a pre-established structure but flexible rubrics, in order to respond to different nomenclatures from different University Programs.
- In special cases, and with the approval of their Advisor and Letra´s Academic Director, students may take an Independent Study.