This programme has been devised to offer an introduction to the different literary Spanish and Hispanic tendencies and movements related to the Avant-Garde. We will explore the authors and genres that shape those artistic streams: establish a contrast between the Spanish and the European cases; study the works by Jardiel Poncela and Gómez de la Serna and; review the Spanish/Hispanic original isms such as Creationism, Ultraist movement, Surrealist poetry. Finally, we will pay attention to the mixture of tradition and rupture that characterizes the Spanish Avant-Garde by reviewing the Lorca and Cernuda’s works.
- University students
- Language, Literature, and Hispanic Culture professionals
- Any other interested adult
Included in the course
- Lodging (with Spanish host family, single room, full-board, six nights)
- Out-of-Academy activities
- Classroom materials
- Certificate of completion
Prices valid for the courses and programmes booked during the current academic year.