This course is oriented to all the students who need or want to officially certify their level of competence in Spanish. The DELE diploma is the only and worthy qualification in Spanish language, granted by the Instituto Cervantes.
The aim of this programme is to introduce the students into the format and main features of the DELE tests, as well as to provide them with solutions and strategies for succeeding in their task. At lessons, the teachers will review the main contents, skills, and cultural references needed to pass the exam, namely, the specifications for each level of the European Common Framework of Reference for Languages
Our course is open to all the levels of the European Common Framework of Reference for Languages, A1 to C2, and our teaching staff is specially trained and qualified for the teaching of ELE Spanish, the correction and the design of DELE exams.
The levels of competence, as presented by the Framework, are:
- Level A1 (access). This qualification attests to sufficient linguistic ability for a very basic range of the most common simple expressions used in the Spanish-speaking world and in order to satisfy immediate needs.
- Level A2 (threshold). This qualification attests to sufficient linguistic ability to understand sentences and frequently used daily expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (ex. basic information about yourself and your family, shopping, local geography, employment, etc.).
- Level B1 (intermediate). This qualification attests to sufficient linguistic ability for understanding and responding appropriately in most normal day-to-day situations and for expressing desires and needs in a basic way.
- Level B2 (upper intermediate). This qualification validates sufficient linguistic ability to get by in average day-to-day situations in normal communication circumstances that do not require specialized use of the language.
- Level C1 (effective operational proficiency). At this level, users are expected to be able to use the structures of a language with ease and fluency. Users are able to adapt their language use to a variety of social situations, and express opinions and take part in discussions and arguments in a culturally acceptable way.
- Level C2 (proficiency). This qualification accredits the necessary linguistic competence to integrate in situations requiring an advanced use of the language and knowledge of the cultural customs embedded within it.
Candidates wishing to sit Diplomas in Spanish examinations must meet the following requirements:
- When registering, they must be able to provide documented proof that they are nationals of a country in which Spanish is not an official language.
Nationals of Spanish-speaking countries resident in countries where Spanish is not an official language may apply to register if they fulfill at least two of the following conditions:
- Spanish is not the native language of either of their parents.
- Spanish is not the first language that they learned.
- Spanish is not the language they use in normal everyday communication.
- They did not receive their primary or secondary education (partially or completely) in Spanish.
- The candidates referred to in Section 2 above must declare in writing that they meet at least two of the aforementioned requirements.
- Students all levels and all ages interested in officially certify their level.
Included in the course
- Out-of-Academy activities
- Classroom materials
- Certificate of completion
Prices valid for the courses and programmes booked during the current academic year.