Spanish language for health professionals
From intermediate to advanced level.
Students will be placed in groups of similar level.
Students will take Spanish language classes:
Communicative Grammar, conversation, reading and writing for 20 hours a week.
Medical Spanish for another 10 hours a week:
- The medical environment, the clinic, the hospital and the instrumental.
- Medical Interview and Clinical History.
- Anatomy & Physiology Vocabulary.
- Signs & Symtoms.
- Social and psychological aspects of the medical consultation (doctor's consultation) in the Spanish-speaking context.
- Medical-legal terminology.
- An approach to the Spanish health system.
Classes in Letra Hispánica are taught by native Spanish professors with University degrees, Master's, PhD's, with many years of experience in teaching foreigners.
Classes of medical Spanish are taught by teachers with medical training.
Max. 8 students per classroom.
Workshops and Activities outside of class
"Recreo" (playtime) activities:
Welcome party, Farewell party.
Tour through Salamanca and visits to the city museums, galleries and art exhibits.
Contact with Salamancan folklore and typical food.
Once a week there are workshops or special classes between students and sanitary professionals from Salamanca.
The price includes a trip to Madrid with a guided visit to the Prado Museum and the "rastro" (typical spanish flea market).
Students stay with a family carefully selected by our experts.
Single room, three meals per day and laundry.
Students will be able to make contact with their host family prior to their arrival.
Host families also can take care of special health, accomodation and diet needs or preferences. After registration, we provide students with a secure form to telling us about these needs and preferences.
Madrid airport transfer to student accommodation in Salamanca or vice versa.
Dedicated Letra Hispánica Bus:
- Organized by Letra Hispánica for groups (min. 15 students). Reception/farewell in the airport arrival/departure areas.
- Free Service for groups (min. 15 students).
Dedicated Letra Hispánica Taxi:
- Reception/farewell in the airport arrival/departure areas. Max. 3 passengers per car.
- Price per journey: € 95,00.
Registration and Information
To register, please use our on-line secure registration form
To get additional information, please use our contact form.